Job Title: Conveyancing Administrator/Secretary
Full-Time based at Stanmore office
Reporting to: Head of Conveyancing
Job Purpose: To perform substantive legal and administrative work that requires understanding the law and procedures alongside a qualified solicitor.
Work includes (but not limited to):
Typing and dealing with documents and correspondence as directed by the Head of Department, dealing with all of the Head of Department emails, drafting forms and straightforward/standard form letters, attend to clients both on the telephone and in person to take and record notes, filing, arranging appointments, meetings and diary management and to provide general assistance to other members of staff.
1. Arranging appointments and attending new, current and former clients.
2. Assisting Fee Earners in their matters which includes:
- Providing accurate fee quotes to prospective clients and keeping an accurate record of the same.
- sending out client care letters and other documents relevant to the new conveyancing instruction;
- using and updating the case management systems and other online portals used by the firm and website.
- dealing with queries from clients, solicitors, and other third parties and referring these to the relevant Fee Earner where necessary;
- corresponding and liaising with clients, solicitors, and other third parties;
- prioritising work as necessary and updating clients, solicitors and estate agents on the progress of matters;
- maintaining the central diary and ensuring all important dates/ tasks are logged and actioned within the required time;
- drafting and proof reading, Land Registry and Companies House forms and real estate closing statements;
- dealing with post=completion matters including stamp duty returns;
- keeping up-to date on legal developments via legal periodicals and case law;
- Maintaining and keeping up to date archiving procedures for the department in line with the firms archiving policies and procedures
- Dealing with all administrative tasks related to post completion matters.
- Effectively handling and managing switch board and referring callers to the correct department or taking messages and forwarding the same to relevant persons.
- Dealing with all initial file opening procedures including AML checks and requesting searches.
- Administration support to include answering telephone calls and other miscellaneous administration tasks.
3. To ensure that all work carried out meets or exceeds the requirements of the CSQ Standard, the Lexcel Standard and the Solicitors’ Code of Conduct.
4. To record all work carried out accurately and appropriately on the firm’s computerised system.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent computer, communication and organisational skills (essential)
- Ability to understand accurately new and complex concepts and areas of law
- Ability to manage time effectively and cope with heavy workloads
- Ability to work efficiently alone or collaboratively in a team
- Be driven to succeed and enthusiastic approach as well as excellent customer service skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be able to multi-task whilst maintaining the highest levels of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Respect for confidential information.
- Ability to build good working relationships with people at all levels of the business and third parties.
- Be willing to take on responsibility.
- Have the ability to remain calm within a pressurised environment whilst assuring the highest quality of service is delivered to clients.
- Flexibility to help out where necessary include marketing and attending events.
- Be open and be adaptable to change.
- Property and Contract Law (desirable).
- Fully familiar with computerised case management systems (desirable).
- Fully familiar with Microsoft Office software.
- Completed or working towards relevant secretary qualification
- Relevant legal work experience (desirable)
- Experience in an office based environment
Hours of Work
40 hours plus per week, but with such flexibility as is required.
Rate of Pay
Negotiable depending on experience and qualification.
As soon as possible.
Interested applicants to send cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org