September 2020 – Moving to Avanti House
In September, the SKLPC Saturday School will move to a new home : Avanti House Secondary School, Wemborough Road, Stanmore, HA7 2EQ.
Our new venue gives us access to state of the art facilities benefitting our staff with modern electronic teaching tools and the children with an enhanced learning experience.
We currently plan to start on 05 September 2020 and will provide more detailed information closer to time. This start date may change subject to COVID-19 government guidance.
If you have any questions or need more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SKLPC Saturday School
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why is the SKLPC Saturday School moving?
- We are moving to better facilities which will enable us to deliver an enhanced learning experience through modern electronic teaching tools.
- Where are you moving to?
- We are moving to :Avanti House Secondary School, Wemborough Road, Stanmore, HA7 2EQ.
- Link to Google Maps.
- Will there be parking at the new venue?
- There is a public car park outside the school with plenty of parking. In addition there on-street parking that is free on Saturdays as well.
- Can my child eat on the premises?
- Yes, your child can bring snacks to school, however, there are some restrictions. Children should not bring foods with nuts, onion or garlic and must be vegetarian (no eggs). Sweets must not contain gelatin. These are the conditions from Avanti School.
- Will the timings be the same?
- The school timings will remain the same.
- Where will the office be?
- We are not sure yet. We will finalise the room allocations closer to the start.
- Where do we need to go on the first day?
- Please come to the main entrance and we will have volunteers directing you.
- How will the fees be adjusted on the new school year?
- The summer term fees from this year will be carried forward. You will only need to pay any difference for the remainder of the term or year as appropriate.
- My children will not be returning in September 2020?
- We will be issuing you a refund for the summer term. Please send an email to email@example.com with your child’s name and the classes they were attending.
- Can children do home-learning in their existing Gujarati exercise books and Learn Gujarati workbooks?
- Yes, we encourage you to carry on the learning at home in the workbooks. You may find these resources helpful. http://www.sklpc.com/school/gujarati-learning-resources/
Enrolling for Sept 2020
- How do I enrol my child for next year?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and we will send you enrolment forms and instructions on how to secure your place.
- Which class will my child be in?
- As we do every year, on the first day we will have lists up with your child’s new class and our staff and volunteers will be on hand to direct your child to their new class.
- Who will my child’s teacher be?
- We are finalising the class-lists for September 2020 and will communicate over the summer once school restrictions have been lifted.